Sunday, January 30, 2011

I've Chosen!

I've used the most efficient, bestest way (I know that isn't grammatically correct) there is in the universe to find something: by asking it on Yahoo!Answers.
Actually, I kind of hate Yahoo!Answers, but it's helped me! Every single one of the answers recommended me Twilight, and I got 11 answers. I'm not even lying here. It was exciting. But, since a lot of people already do blog Twilight and I feel like I would kind of be writing the same things the other people wrote, I wanted to do another book.
And,fortunately, one answer had both Twilight in it, and ANOTHER book! Surprising, right?
It's called Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. Here is a summary of it that I found online:

The first in a trilogy, Halo is the story of the angel Bethany, who has been sent with two other angels posing as her older brother and sister to a small town to encourage the human residents to seek a higher purpose and drive back impending evil. But Bethany is a young angel and finds the lure of high school, earthly friends, and the love of a human boy far more temptation than she ever expected. In spite of her youth (she's 18), Adornetto has written a compelling novel of good and evil that will find an audience among girls who can't get enough of otherworldly characters and situations and heart-wrenching romance. The novel suffers a bit from too much teen angst, but the author shows definite promise.


I'm very excited. While I find all romances pointless, cliche, and stupid, I find teen romance novels the worst of the lot. Most teens don't fall in love, although they might really really really like somebody. They're usually not willing to die for somebody, and a lot of teens are not angst-ridden, boring, emos. I hate teen angst. I saw a lot of it in Twilight, and I think I'll have fun making fun of the angst in this book.


Get ready, because I'm gonna pick this book apart, word by word, and squeeze out all the juice.
No, I don't know what I meant by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment