Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Saw You

Standing in the rain, calling my name, calling my name.
Any who, I didn't actually see anyone right now. That would be strange. It's 6:57 a.m. Anyone awake now must be a total weirdo. *wink wink*
So yesterday, my family and I set out for the road. We were going to a hotel for ten days. It's a thing my community does every year. 80-100, maybe more, families get together and stay at a hotel and do stuff. Anyway, I came to the hotel yesterday and since hotel beds are uncomfortable, I couldn't sleep. The result is me writing a blog with a topic and I don't know where the hill (not a typing error) I'm going with this.
Maybe I'm going nowhere.
Oh! I remembered a project I created for myself. I will share it with you.
Heres; the deal. I have hilarious teachers. They're so hilarious, it's not even funny (it is). So I decided to write everything my teachers say that make me laugh. I'll put some of the quotes up now. This blog will be about a teacher I will call Carl, and he's the Chemistry Honors teacher. A little background: He's really really funny, but harsh, strict, and mean at times.

1. Carl: Why is it easier for an electron to escape the atom if it is farther from the nucleus?
Students:... *cue chirping cricket sounds* (are crickets the ones that chirp? whatever)
Carl: Seriously? No one knows? Okay...okay.
(he takes seven chairs and arranges them to make one column across the room. Then, he jumps on one of the chairs and runs across the seven chairs, stepping once on each chair)
Students: *cue scared looks because Carl looks really angry. Except for me. I'm trying hold in my laughter at this random act*
Carl: (gives a ten minute lecture on confidence and not being scared to answer questions)

2. Carl: (talking about energy levels and how an electron can escape the atom easier if it is farther away from the nucles(. So pretend the nucleus is a hot chick. If I'm at the first energy level, I'll be awe-struck by her hotness. But if I'm all the way at, say the seventh level, I won't be as stupefied by her charm. There;ll be more guys between me and the hot chick, and then I'll be like, "Dude, I'm outta here. All these guys falling in love with here, I won't stand a change."

3. On the first day of school, a student's phone rang. Carl's response is deafening:
            "OH YEAH! It's the FIRST DAY MAN! THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
And then he ran at the student from across the class, at full speed and screaming in an ear-splitting voice. The guy whose phone rang was pretty freaked out. I'm not even exaggerating here.

4. Carl is famous for having stupid answers on his multiple choice tests. He even said, "You know, don't even study for the multiple choice. Study for Written Answers. You all know I put stupid choices. You'll get everything right just by elimination on Multiple Choice.
Some answers from a multiple choice test that I can remember:
    - cause the atom's hella tight, man
    - Because the Giants won the World Series
    -Chocolate
    - Even Almighty Atom Man who goes to Stanford couldn't find the answer!

Hope that was entertaining. It wasn't for me. Because I NEED TO SLEEP!
Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to cream at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment