I will explain exactly why Community is the best show on television.
I like a lot of shows, and most of them are comedies (i.e. The Office, Parks and Recreation, Outsourced). Community, however, tops the list for the show I wait to watch with the most enthusiasm every week.
Community is all about a community college (Greendale) and seven people who form a Spanish study group together. This comedy is streets ahead of most other comedies (see what I did there? Streets ahead is a phrase a character from the show was trying to coin). Here are some reasons why:
- Abed: 'nuff said if you know Community. Abed is an awesome, weird character. He thinks life is a movie, and has great comical moments. Here are some awesome comments from him:
- Abed: It's the first season of Lost on DVD.
Pierce: That's the meaning of Christmas?
Abed: No it's a metaphor. It represents lack of payoff. - Fair warning, guys. A journey through winter wonderland tends to test your commitment to Christmas. So when I say test, I mean Wonka-style. I'm talking dark. My advice: Stay honest, stay alert, and for the love of God, stay between the gumdrops.
- Britta: It's called a Muffin Top, Abed.
Abed: Like a muffin. Clever. - (This is when Abed's friends are convincing him he should be himself to get a girl to like him. He's being himself) Troy: Abed, what are you doing?
Abed: Being myself.
Troy: Go be yourself by Jenny.
Abed: I wouldn't go over there.
Pierce: How do you know that?
Abed: A lifetime of observation mostly. - Senior Cheng: He is the spanish teacher turned student. This guy is so hilarious he hires an actress to say he died over break, then comes back to say "I am a man that can never die. And that has been your first taste of Spanish 1-0-Dos. The semester I get inside your cabezas." He doesn't really know Spanish, and admits he got through the year on what he learned from Sesame Street. After getting caught, he becomes a student. Some great quotes from 'DA MAN are:
- Hasta luego! Come on, hands are 90% of spanish!
- Every once in a while, a student will come up to me and ask, "Señor Chang, why do you teach Spanish?" [chuckles] They say it just like that. Why do you teach Spanish? [grin drops]
Why you? Why not math? Why not photography? Why not martial arts? I mean, surely, it must be in my nature to instruct you in something that's ancient and secret, like, oh, building a wall that you can see from outer space! Well, I'll tell you why I teach Spanish. It is none of your business, okay? I don't wanna have any conversations about what a mysterious, inscrutable man I am. Oh hee hee hee hee hee hee! Oh hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo! I am a Spanish Genius! In español, my nickname is El Tigre Chino!
[pretends to bite Shirley's neck] - 'Cause my knowledge will bite her face off! So don't question Señor Chang or you'll get bit. Yah!
- Troy and Abed's clips at the end of each episode: These two are hilarious. At the end of each show, there is a small clip of these two doing something really really funny. e.g.:
- Jeff Winger: He's the guy who was being interviewed earlier, and is, I think, the main character of the show. He had a fake bachelor's degree in law and got caught, so now he has to go to a community college to actually get one. He's sarcastic, cool, and funny. What's not to like?
And that ends my enlightening talk about the wonderful show "Community." Go watch it right now so you don't miss anything. I think it's underrated and should be more popular than Glee. Seriously. I don't even get why that show is so popular. The plot is always the same. The only reason I watch it is because the incomparable Darren Criss is part of the cast now. but that's a topic for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment